The Classic American Musical
NextStop’s production of this toe-tapping battle of the sexes musical is a show within a show… within a show!
Witness the backstage antics of a production of Cole Porter’s jazzy musical comedy about a divorced couple staging an outlandish musical version of “Taming of the Shrew”. Porter classics “I Hate Men”, “Always True To You”, “Too Darn Hot”, and the insidious earworm “Wunderbar” may cause humming and jubilation. WARNING: Beware of notorious musical theatre gangsters in Shakespearean garb.
The WOW Factor:
Most productions of “Kiss Me Kate” feature a very large cast. NextStop’s daring version features only 11 extremely talented actors taking on more than 30 challenging roles.
“Kiss Me Kate” is produced by special arrangement with TAMS-WITMARK MUSIC LIBRARY, INC., 560 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022
Photography by Traci J. Brooks Studios.
Reviews and Press
- Review: Washington City Paper– Kiss Me Kate at NextStop Theatre Company
- Take Ten: Karen Vincent | TheatreWashington
- BWW Review: KISS ME KATE is ‘Too Darn Hot’ at NextStop Theatre
- Review: DCMetroTheatre Arts “Kiss Me Kate” at NextStop Theatre
- Video: Kids See the “Kiss Me Kate” Set for the First Time
- Meet Michael Bobbitt, Director and of ‘Kiss Me Kate’
- Meet the Cast of NextStop’s “Kiss Me Kate”