NextStop Theatre Company, in Herndon, VA, minutes away from Washington’s Dulles Airport and Reston Town Center, is seeking House Managers to join our team to help create enjoyable and memorable theatre visits for our patrons – and get exciting opportunities for themselves. As a House Manager, you provide our patrons with their first impression of our theatre and help us maintain our reputation as a relaxed, friendly, and professional venue for the best live theatrical experiences without having to travel into the city.
- Ensuring NextStop’s theatre, lobby, and guest service areas are in show-ready condition in preparation for patron arrival.
- Communicating and coordinating with Stage Management to allow a seamless turnover of the house, lobby, and stage areas at house loading, show start, intermission and audience exit.
- Supervising volunteer ushers to ensure patrons are provided a warm welcome, hospitable atmosphere, and organized crowd-control.
- Overseeing and performing box office and concessions cash and credit sales transactions using computerized point of purchase systems in a fast paced environment, often with competing priorities, while promoting NextStop premium products and services.
- Professionally resolving patron complaints and documenting patron feedback.
- Assisting performance run crew in changeover from/to “Pre-Show,” “Top of Show,” and “Intermission” lobby setup.
- Performing end of day cash register reconciliation and deposits.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with established safety guidelines, emergency preparedness protocols, and incident reporting requirements.
- Additional related tasks as required.
- Prior cash handling experience.
- Guest service, food-service, and/or house management experience.
- Ability to briefly but safely lift and carry brochure and merchandise boxes weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 1.5 hours while bending and reaching to sell tickets, pre-packaged beverages, snacks, and merchandise.
- Able to climb stairs and assist elderly patrons with stowing mobility devices.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment.
- Willingness to learn new software applications.
- Knowledge of ADA and experience assisting disabled or elderly patrons in a performance venue or customer service environment.
- Experience providing proactive guest service recovery and/or patron complaint resolution.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This is a part-time hourly position.