Complete an Application at www.NextStopTheatre.org/Apply
Reserve an Audition Appointment by clicking here.
Timeframe: September 2017-June 2018
For: High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
NextStop Theatre Company in Herndon is now accepting applications for our year-long training program. High school students can audition to study, train, and hone their performance skills with professionals from the DC (and New York) theatre community, learning what it really takes to succeed as a professional actor today. Through this year-long training program, students will gain invaluable skills, knowledge, resources and insight into what it really takes to live and succeed as a professional actor today.
Training activities will include:
- Attending performances of all five NextStop Theatre main stage productions, followed by a private talkback and reception with members of the cast
- Master classes led by award-winning directors and actors on Shakespeare, scene study, monologues, movement, etc.
- Panel discussions on college training programs and the “business of theater”
- Individual Private Audition coaching sessions
- A final showcase presentation, attended by college representatives and local professional directors
Participants will leave the program with:
- Improved acting skills and confidence
- Connections to leading area performers and directors
- A professionally formatted resume and professional headshot
- At least four (4) prepared pieces (monologues and/or songs), suitable for college and professional auditions
- A clear understanding of college and professional audition processes
- A clear understanding of the huge and dynamic landscape of theatre in the U.S., from Fairfax County to Broadway and beyond.
- A clear appreciation for the challenges, heartaches, and joys of attempting to make a career as a performer.
Admission will be based on an audition process and will be focused on identifying students who demonstrate the talent, drive, and commitment necessary to pursuing a career in the theatre.
Academy 2017/2018 Activities
September 18-19, 2017: Auditions
September 23, 2017: Disgraced Performance/Dinner with actors
September/October 2017 (TBD): Individual monologue coaching sessions
October 29, 2017: Assassins Performance & workshop
November 2017 (TBD): Individual monologue coaching sessions
December 16, 2017: Participate in public staged reading
January 12, 2018: 45 Plays Performance & discussion with actors
January 28, 2018: NYC Trip
February 2018 (TBD): Individual monologue coaching sessions
March 2, 2018: Godspell Performance & workshop with director
April 14, 2018: Headshot & resume workshop
May 25, 2018: Bad Jews Performance & discussion with actors
June 2, 2018: Final Showcase
Tuition Cost: $725 (Merit and need-based scholarships available)